Thursday, January 17, 2013

Get Your Shoes Back




They say the hardest part of ending a relationship is getting back your stuff. This is especially true when it comes to shoes. Let me tell you a little story. About a year ago, I was so sick of cramming my feet into these uncomfortable shoes all of the time. I live in Chicago, and I don’t have a car so I literally walk everywhere. I had to wear uncomfortable dress shoes to work, and then I had to wear uncomfortable high heels to go out with clients. Let me just tell you, it wasn’t a good situati

Then I found out about Born shoes, a new brand of comfort shoes. Now, I know what you’re thinking. Comfort shoes are ugly, right? This is simply not true. Born makes a lot of really cute dress shoes that are actually super comfortable. So I bought a pair of Born glitzy shoes, a Victorian inspired pump for women. These shoes were my favorite shoes in the whole world. They worked both as dress shoes for the office and as shoes to wear out for a night on the town, and they were so incredibly comfortable. I could walk around in them all night in Chicago, and by the end of it, my feet wouldn’t be tired at all.

This is because Born shoes are specifically designed to give your feet the support that you need. So when you’re walking around, they will help your feet not to get tired or start aching, which is definitely going to be a good thing in the long run. I was so excited by this that I bought a pair of Born boots as well. I was good to go with my comfortable shoes, and life was great.

I then went over to my boyfriend’s apartment one day to discover that there was another woman. I was devastated, and the relationship was over, of course. I soon realized, though, that I had left a lot of my stuff at his place, including both pairs of my Born shoes that I had come to love so much. At first, I thought two pairs of shoes weren’t really worth seeing him again, and I tried to return to my normal, uncomfortable shoes. After about a week of that, though, I realized that it really was worth it to have comfortable shoes.

I marched straight over to his place, went inside, grabbed my Born shoes and the rest of my stuff, and then I left. I didn’t say one thing to him. I have since started over with my new life, and now I am happy as a girl can be. So the moral of my story is that don’t let a man stop you from getting back your shoes, especially if they are really comfortable. Because you never know when a man is going to leave you or cheat on you or completely break your heart in some way. But you do know that your shoes will always be there for you.

1 comment: